Seed Change is launching its first ever Chip & Commit campaign to fund raise for our farmers this year! Our goal is to help you reach a goal you’ve always wanted to achieve by putting in a little financial incentive. Ever wanted to quit smoking? Start exercising? Eat healthier? But need a kickstart? Studies show you are more likely to reach a goal when there’s money on the table, and this way, you are helping farmers out of poverty! It’s a win-win!
What are you waiting for? Let’s get started! Here’s how it works:
1. Set a goal. Goals that are specific, measurable and attainable are more likely to succeed.
2. Find a partner. Research shows that goals shared between more than one person have a higher success rate.
3. ← ← Sign Up Here ← ← Select a weekly/monthly donation amount for the period of time you think it will take to achieve your goal. Every week/month we’ll automatically take that amount out of your account and put it into a honeypot until your time is over. This way you can focus on reaching your goal!
4. Start committing to your goal! Remember to share your story on social media using the hashtag #chipandcommit
5. Every week we’ll get in touch with you to see how you’re doing. To ensure you’re on track, you’ll be required to fill out a brief journal entry every week. Miss an entry and your pot is ours!
6. Optional: Include a referee to your Chip & Commit journey to keep you motivated!
7. At the end of your timeline, we’ll contact you to see if you have fully achieved your goal. If you were successful, we will return 50% of your honeypot, if not, it’s all ours!
Each day you work toward your goal helps bring farmers out of poverty. Every 1$ donated to Seed Change creates a $121 of value to a farming family.
Q: Do I have to participate with a partner?
A: Of course not! We encourage individuals, partners and groups to participate. However, studies show that goals are more achievable when working with a partner.
Q: Can I change my goal?
A: Yes you can. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to make any changes to your profile.
Q: Where does my money go?
A: All donations go directly to our farmers. Read more about your impact here.
Q: What if I miss a journal entry?
A: As part of the C&C team you are required write an entry every week, miss one and your pot is ours!
Q: What is a referee?
A: A referee can be a friend, coworker, family member etc. who will push you to stay committed to your goal every week.
Q: Will I get my money back?
A: At the end of your commitment you can select whether you were successful in achieving your goal or not. If you were, then you get 50% of your pot back, if not, we keep the whole thing!
Q: Can I quit?
A: You can stop participating at any time. Seed Change will keep 50% of the pot you have made so far.